Hearing the Theme to ‘The Great British Bake Off’ Makes Season 4 Finalist Ruby Tandoh Sick

While on the show, Ruby was a target of online abuse. Viewers accused her of having an affair with GBBO co-host Paul Hollywood. Two years after the show’s end, Ruby came out as gay on Twitter via a now-deleted tweet that read, “me to my parents today. feeling lucky and joyful and f r e e. over and Out.” She followed it up with, p.s. for those who thought I fancied Paul Hollywood or that I’d ever bang him to get ahead – JOKE’S ON YOU, YOU MASSIVE S—TING MISOGYNISTS.” Paul’s response was fine.

While a guest on Elizabeth Day’s podcast How to Fail, Ruby said about watching the show, “No, not at all. No, I can’t. I appreciate it as a show. I think the format is clearly compelling, but no.” She went on to say that, “When I hear the little song, the little jingle at the start, I feel sick.” It’s unfortunate but perfectly understandable that Ruby would not want anything to do with it.



Hearing the Theme to ‘The Great British Bake Off’ Makes Season 4 Finalist Ruby Tandoh Sick
Source: Maharo News

Post a Comment

0 Comments